PhotoExplorer and AirPlay with iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPhone 4s
Last updated May 23, 2012
AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring
AirPlay allows you to wiresly stream music, video and photos from your iPhone or iPad to AppleTVs and other devices that have the AirPlay feature.
AirPlay Mirroring allows you to mirror the screen of your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 onto your TV via an AppleTV .
PhotoExplorer and AirPlay
PhotoExplorer supports AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring but due to an Apple imposed limitation to third paryt apps, with iPad 1 and iPhone 4 or earlier, only videos can be streamed by third party apps. More information can be found here AirPlay in older devices
AirPlay and Airplay Mirroring from PhotoExplorer with iPad 2, iPad 3, or iPhone 4S and iOS5
With iPad2, iPad 3or iPhone4S PhotoExplorer supports Airplay and AirPlay Mirroring to your Apple TV. When you enable AirPlay on your iPad or iPhone, in PhotoExplorer you can choose between Presentation mode (stream photos or videos) or Airplay Mirror mode (mirror the complete PhotoExplorer app).
This is the default mode. In this mode PhotoExplorer will stream photos or videos from your device to your Apple TV, without the surrounding user interface elements. If you want your photos to be scaled to fill the entire TV screen this is the mode that you should use. You can navigate through PhotoExplorer interface, and only the photos or videos will be streamed to your Apple TV.
Airplay Mirroring Mode
In this mode a copy of your screen is streamed to your Apple TV, if you wantto share your photos along comments or other details, this is the mode you should use. In this mode photos are not scaled to fill the entire TV screeen, but you will see an exact copy of the screen of your device on your Apple TV.
To stream photos or videos from PhotoExplorer to your Apple TV
- On your iPhone 4S or iPad 2/iPad3, double-click the Home Button. This will bring your recently-used apps.
- Swipe all the way to the right to until you see the AirPlay icon .
- Tap the Airplay icon to see the list of available AirPlay devices.
- Enable AirPlay Mirroring in this menu by tapping on the desired AirPlay device (your Apple TV).
- Now you should see your iPad 2/iPad 3 or iPhone4S screen on your Apple TV.
- Launch PhotoExplorer and by default you will be in Presentation mode. If you wish to mirror PhotoExplorer from your iPad or iPhone to your Apple TV, tap on the Action Menu, located in the Top toolbar and select AirPlay Mirroring.
More information on how to setup and troubleshoot Airplay Mirroring can be found in the following Apple kb: Setting up and troubleshooting AirPlay Mirroring