Last updated October 31, 2011
There are two situations where you may want to refresh:
- When you have changed your Avatar and want to see the latest one in PhotoExplorer
- When you want to see the latest from Flickr
PhotoExplorer by default is configured to automatically refresh the counts of views, comments, favorites, photo metadata, also the contents of your contacts, groups and sets photostreams every 4 hours. If at any time you want to make sure you are seeing the latest from Flickr you can refresh by pulling down or by selecting refresh from the action menu.
Avatars are never refreshed, so if you change them you need to do a refresh:
- Tap on the Home button, located in the top toolbar.
- Once you are in Home, tap on the Accounts button
- You will see the list of all the accounts you have added. You can refresh the Avatars by either pulling down the list of Accounts or by tapping on the circular arrow button at top-left corner
- When you refresh the Avatar for all the accounts (Flickr and social networks) will be updated to the latest one.
Refreshing content from Flickr
- When you are in your photostream, sets, galleries, collections, galleries, contacts, favorites or in a particular photo you can refresh to obtain the latest content from PhotoExplorer.
- Pull down and release on the list or on the specific photo you wish to refresh. To refresh you can also tap on the action menu and tap on Refresh.
- When you pull down you can see when was the last time that content was updated.
Changing automatic refresh period
It is possible to change the automatic refresh period by going to the iPad/iPhone' Settings app. For more information check out the following article: Configuring PhotoExplorer for Automatic Refresh